Event recording is a new concept in policing technology that captures all areas in which police allocate resources or investigate e.g. traditional crime and missing person solutions. This information and crime recording would allow all relevant data to be captured regardless of the nature of the investigation, and further to change the nature of the investigation. For example a missing person record could be changed to an abduction without the need to rekey data into a separate solution. Furthermore this policing technology has the benefit of automated alerts and advice based on the details of the event.
With the Memex Events module, officers no longer have to input information into numerous systems, and it removes the burden of having to record the same information on multiple occasions.
Taking an event centric approach, Memex allows users to capture the information within the single policing technology solution and manage this as part of an overarching event or incident. For example, an officer may commence the process of managing an event by recording information on a crime before moving seamlessly to record missing person details or to record an item of property as an exhibit.
As all the functionality traditionally associated with disparate systems is encapsulated within the Event solution, users are provided with an intuitive and familiar interface throughout. At each stage of the information and crime recording process, officers are supported with intuitive workflow processes and benefit from common data being carried forward to the next stage in the overall process.
In common with all modules, Events shares a set of common core records allowing officers (subject to user permissions) to exploit information originating in a separate area of the End to End solution e.g. Custody.
The Events Module is designed to meet the challenges of modern policing and features functionality designed in collaboration with law enforcement subject matter experts. The Memex End to End solution can be customised to address national and local requirements.
- Intuitive and tabular interface offers increased efficiency with event details being recorded quickly and easily
- Reduced time spent filing reports as information is seamlessly carried forward to the next stage in the event management
- The maintenance of core records and comprehensive workflow provision provides for increased accuracy of data input
- Standardise on data input through minimum standards and templates
- Real time information and procedural advice
- Customisable reporting
- Supports minimum standards in investigation
- The enterprise environment provides a 360 view of information linked to event
- Automatic notification to users
- Flexible Workflow process providing the correct legislative and regulatory compliance (this applies to all modules)
- Supports risk-based decision making
- 360 View: All information and crime records within Events will be linked to any record within the End to End Solution
- All links exposed are exposed for user access and security.
- Tabular, intuitive information input Advice Engine - risk based response to crime (decision aid)
- Investigative Templates for less-experienced staff (aid memoires)
- Advanced search capabilities
- Link charting capability to visualise links and relationships within the entire solution.