MoPI Compliance Technology
About MoPI (The Management of Police Information)
The UK has some of the strictest requirements for police information management: A Code of Practice as a direct consequence of the recommendations of the Bichard report. This Code of Practice (MoPI) stipulates that information:
- Should only be retained if required for a ‘Policing Purpose’
- Should be grouped according to the nature of the information
- Must undergo a Review/Retention and deletion process after a period of time commensurate with the nature of the information.
This code is intended to:
- Ensure that information is managed consistently, throughout its entire lifecycle
- Allow information known about individuals to be readily identified and shared between police agencies across the UK
- Create a consistent national standard
- Help develop national information sharing protocols e.g. Police National Database.
The new Memex technology ‘MoPI Tool’ provides integral functionality which allows UK police forces to meet these requirements as part of their everyday management processes.
The implications of MoPI for police technology
Compliance with MoPI has placed an additional IT and resource implication on all Police organisations in England and Wales.
Why the Memex MoPI solution?
- The only solution on the market to provide complete compliance with MOPI
- Police organisations are able to manage MoPI requirements within their current business processes
- Aids the review, retention and deletion of the Common Core Record, including an NRAC assessment
- Triggered and timed reviews are automatically identified and notified to relevant individuals or groups within the police organisation
For more information
As well as retention guidelines within our MOPI module read about how the Memex solution provides advanced audit compliance capabilities.