Effective Intelligence Management for Law Enforcement
Intelligence is an essential part of effective law enforcement.
All police organisations require sophisticated IT applications to be able to gather, analyse, disseminate and manage very large quantities of intelligence-related data.
Multiple imperatives drive the structure of an effective system, and make the management of intelligence a highly complex affair for organisations.
In an effective intelligence management system, all information
- is potentially useful
- should be available in real-time
- must reside in a secure environment
- must be able to be searched, analysed, visualised and shared
The National Intelligence Model (NIM) is a UK requirement
One of the first applications of Memex software was in intelligence-led policing: Memex facilitated the early adoption of the National Intelligence Model (NIM) in 1994 which has since become a world benchmark for Police Intelligence Systems. Memex CIMS is the most advanced intelligence system in the world today.
Memex CIMS manages Crime and Intelligence across a single platform
Memex CIMS, the integrated Crime and Intelligence Management module makes Intelligence Management fast and effective. With customisable user access, our crime management solution is suitable for basic users of the system and their supervisors as well as Intelligence Professionals and Analysts, in accordance with the NIM.
What makes Memex CIMS different?
- Intelligence reports created quickly and easily
- Information sources available to those who need them but protecting the source
- “5 by 5 by 5” evaluation system provided as an aide memoire for the officer.
- Special concerns are highlighted, and the officer automatically notified
- NIM level has to be specified • Risk assessment models are built in, with assessments automatically linked to the intelligence report
- Workflow setups ensure supervisors are automatically notified of new reports
- Intelligence can be viewed and analysed using a range of tools • Link chart visualisation shows all information relevant to a person at a glance, freeing up analysts for more important work
- Information security is paramount, with access rights customisable by user type/role